Friday, September 12

Sample A. Sample

I just got an email from my credit card company offering an indulgent golf getaway. It's a cross-marketed card from a hotel chain and financial org with points, rewards, etc.. The email was addressed to:

Sample A. Sample

I realize that was probably human error, but with all of the cross-brand marketing that's happening, it's a shame that they didn't look at my past history to see that:

- I don't golf very often (I've never used this card for anything Golf related)
- I spend most of my rewards points on electronics

We talk a lot about privacy, but there is some value in these two companies looking at the information I have already given them to provide a better product for me. At a minimum, though, get my name right.

Sincerely,
Sample A. Sample

No comments: